Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cold Winter Nights

Nights like these are the perfect evenings to sit by the fire place, read a great book, and eat a yummy hearty stew. I am currently reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. It is amazing!! Sorry, I digress. Anyways, tonight I am making beef stew. I have been cooking it for 5 hours already and the house smells delicious.
I remember being a kid and coming home from school to this smell. It is rich, filled with garlic and tomatoes. You can smell the freshness of the vegetables and beef stewing. I remember being called down to dinner and taking the first bite! Mmmmmm! I love the way the meat just melts in my mouth and the vegetables are so soft they just slide down. My mother used to make warm biscuits to serve with dinner. There was nothing better to warm me up on a cold winter night.
What is your favorite stew? I want to hear all about it! Submit it today at www.bittersweet-memories.com

No comments:

Post a Comment