Thursday, December 10, 2009

Donations

Last night I went to an Advisory Board Meeting for the Robert H. Lurie Medical Research Center. The Center was established at Northwestern University in 1974. In 1991, it was dedicated as the Rovert H. Lurie Cancer Center of Northwestern University. This center is one of only 40 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. Among the largest in the Midwest, the clinical enterprise treats more than 10,000 new cancer cases annually.
Dr. Steve Rosen, who is director of the center and was my mother's oncologist,is an incredible human being with the best bedside manner I have ever experienced. He is a brilliant doctor who treats his patients like the are family.
I have made a decision to give a portion of the proceeds from the book to Dr. Rosen and his team. I would also like to say something about the new Brain Tumor Institute that just opened at Northwestern. Dr. Jeffrey Raizer is the co-director of the center and was also my mom's doctor. He is a wonderful man who has dedicated his life to fighting this horrible disease. To learn more about Dr. Rosen, Dr. Raizer, and the cancer center, please go to the website at http://www.cancer.northwestern.edu/home/index.cfm
A Blending of Bittersweet Memories is for people who have lost loved ones due to all reasons, not just cancer. It is my personal preference to use the proceeds to fight cancer. Please help me fight one of the battles that affects so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment