Today was so much fun! I was featured on ABC 7 Chicago doing a cooking segment and promoting the book. I made turkey stuffed peppers. Here is the recipe and clip:
6 peppers, colors of your choice
1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
8 oz. of mushrooms
½ yellow onion
1 clove of garlic
3 slices of potato bread
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1. Cut tops off of peppers and set tops aside. Clean out seeds from inside of the peppers.
2. Chop in food processor: zucchini, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and potato bread.
3. Mix above mixture with ground turkey. Add salt and pepper.
4. Scoop complete mixture into peppers and drizzle olive oil on top of each pepper. Place tops back on the peppers.
5. Add ½ cup of water to bottom of baking dish.
6. Bake in oven at 350˚ for 1 hour.
Serve with rice and side salad.